When I bought the house the previous owners had already planted a hedge with an unknown plant variety. Here we have a shot of the hedge about 30 months after I moved in and whilst patch in parts it is looking okay at this stage.
Unfortunately I was a little late in spotting one of the plants being attached by a scale insect. Even after treating the plant with Confidor the damage was already done and one of the plants died.
I then made the decision to pull out the old hedge and put in a new one. I didn't particularly like the plant variety that I had before. So after some searching surrounding streets for good examples of hedges I decided on the Orange Jessamine (Murraya paniculata). I planted 10 plants spaced equally apart every 70 cm. Find below some pictures of the hedge before and after taken approximately 22 months apart.